How do I order a Repeat Prescription?
Please ensure that you only order what you need. If you place your order too early, your request may be rejected.
You can order the following ways:
- Online via our online form or via the EMIS Access Service (You will need to register for online services to make use of the Emis Access Service)
- Via the NHS App
- At the practice – place you request slip in the box provided in the Foyer
- By post (please enclose a stamped address envelope)
- Via your selected pharmacist
Please talk to your pharmacist about the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS). This gives you the chance to have your prescription sent to the place you choose to get your repeat medicines from.
What is a Repeat Prescription?
This is medication that has been prescribed long term that you can order without having to see a doctor or nurse each time. , Initially, the doctor will decide whether it is safe for you to have this medication regularly on repeat.
Our standard prescribing period is 28 days. This may be increased after discussion with your doctor.
When will my prescription be ready?
Your repeat prescription request will take between 2 – 3 working days. The “working days” are Monday to Friday and do not include Bank Holidays.
- If you put in your request before midday Monday to Thursday, your repeat will be available 48 hours later after 15:00.
- If you put your request in after midday it will not be available until 72 hours later.
- If you put your request in on a Friday it will not be available until after 15:00 on the following Tuesday.
The practice has a duty of care to you to ensure your medicines are reviewed at least once a year (or more frequently, depending on what you take and your health status). It is an opportunity to discuss your medicines, ask questions and check that there are no problems. Our aim is to set an annual review date in your birthday month. The medication review will be conducted by a clinical pharmacist or practice nurse, either using our online Medication Review Request form, at the surgery, or via telephone.
If you have been advised by the surgery that your medication review is due, please complete our online Medication Review Form.
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.
Pharmacy First: Minor Ailments Scheme
Pharmacy First is a scheme available for children and people who do not have to pay for their prescriptions and are suffering from a common ailment.
Your local pharmacist will be able to offer you expert advice and medicines for a wide range of common ailments without the need to visit your GP. No appointment is necessary but you will need to give your pharmacist your NHS number, or your child’s NHS number to receive advice, and where appropriate, medicines free of charge.
If you do not know your NHS number you can contact your GP practice and ask them to look it up. To protect your privacy, they may ask you to show them a passport, driving license or some other proof of who you are.
Some of the common ailments included are:
- Bites, stings, allergies and hayfever
- Constipation and diarrhoea
- Sore throat
- Vaginal thrush
- Athlete’s foot
- Acute bacterial conjunctivitis
- Warts and verruca’s.
Below is a list of local pharmacies who are participating in the scheme.
Lichfield & Burntwood
- Boots (Local) Pharmacy, Langton Grange Medical Centre, Eastern Avenue, Lichfield, WS13 7FA tel: 01543 264902
- Boots The Chemist, 4/8 Tamworth Street, Lichfield, WS13 6JJ tel: 01543 263149
- Boots Waitrose, c/o Waitrose Stonnyland Drive, Off Sainte Foy Ave, Lichfield, WS13 6RX tel: 01543 253994
- Chasetown Pharmacy (Northwoods), 23 High Street, Chasetown, WS7 3XE tel: 01543 682921
- Co-Op Pharmacy (Mid-Counties), 3 Boley Park Shopping Centre, Ryknild Street, Lichfield, WS14 9XU tel: 01543 258370
- Co-Op Pharmacy (Mid-Counties), Greenhill Health Centre, Church Street, Lichfield, WS13 6JL tel: 01543 252221
- Day Night Pharmacy, Precinct, Chase Road, Burntwood, WS7 0DW tel: 01543 676952
- Fradley Pharmacy, Unit 6 The Stirling Centre, Tye Lane, Fradley, WS13 8ST tel: 01543 444428
- Jhoots Pharmacy, St Chads Health Centre, Dimbles Lane, Lichfield, WS13 7HT tel: 01543 419200
- Jhoots Pharmacy, 7 Lichfield Road, Burntwood, WS7 0HH tel: 01543 682338
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Unit 3, Burntwood Shopping Centre, Chase Terrace, Burntwood, WS7 1JR tel: 01543 685740
- N & J’s Chemist, Morley Road Shopping Centre, Morley Rd, Burntwood, WS7 9AZ tel: 01543 676302
- Whittington Pharmacy, 13b Main Street, Whittington, WS14 9JU tel: 01543 432456